The California Professional Nutrition Education and Training (Cal-Pro-NET) Program is a collaborative effort between UCD and the California Department of Education to serve as a statewide resource for school nutrition professionals.
Training opportunities are offered with the goal of improving the nutrition health outcomes of children.
UC Davis established the Center for Nutrition in Schools (CNS) in response to the needs of teachers and administrators for nutrition education resources and professional development opportunities.
Our goal is to provide resources relevant to child nutrition programs, district wellness policies, community partnerships, student education, professional education, and parent education. Our focus is in the below core areas:
We invite you to explore the wide variety of resources available on our site including curriculum, training opportunities, and up-to-date information about nutrition.
The Shaping Healthy Choices Program (SHCP) is a multi-component, school-based intervention, which is showing promising results.
- January 21, 2016- How to Meet Professional Standards Using the Focus on Food Curriculum
- February 23, 2016- Serving Vegetarian Meals in School Nutrition Programs
- March 29, 2016-Nutrition Education in School Nutrition Programs
- April 26, 2016-Dietary Guidelines for Americans, 2015
Train-the-Trainer: Focus on Food:
- Redding: January 13, 2016
- Ontario: February 3, 2016
- San Diego: February 17, 2016
- Concord: March 16, 2016
- Fresno: March 23, 2016
- Ventura: May 11, 2016