Here you can find information about a variety of nutrition topics for teachers, students, parents, and child nutrition professionals.
School Nutrition Bites
These are handouts for use by teachers, students, and parents that are developed in accordance with the Nutrition Education Competencies. Each topic addresses a competency for the grade level(s) specified.
- Foods That Come From Plants and Animals (Kindergarten)
- Six Classes of Nutrients (Grades 1-4)
- Reading Food Labels (Grades 4-6)
- Energy Drinks (Grades 4-6)
- Chocolate Milk (Grade K-12)
Nutrition Fact Sheets
These fact sheets provide nutrition information for consumers and may be used by child nutrition professionals, teachers, and parents.
Nutrition Fact Sheets for Health Professionals
These fact sheets provide more in-depth nutrition information on nutrition topics.
- Dietary Guidelines for Americans, 2015-2020
- Food Allergies
- Omega-3 Fatty Acids
- Prebiotics and Probiotics
- Trans Fatty Acids
- Vegetarian Diets
For more Nutrition Fact Sheets, please visit the UC Davis Department of Nutrition.