Cooking Up Healthy Choices
Cooking Up Healthy Choices is a learner-centered curriculum of cooking demonstrations that highlight seasonal produce and allows students to observe cooking techniques, deepen understanding of nutrition concepts, and experience recipes using all five senses.
The recipes featured in Cooking Up Healthy Choices are represent foods from different cultures, and include a variety of fruit and vegetables.
This cooking demonstration curriculum supports California Nutrition Education Competencies.
This curriculum is a free, downloadable resource.
Curriculum by section:
- Cover, Table of Contents, and Acknowledgments
- Facilitator Tips
- California Nutrition Education Competencies Supported
- Cooking Demonstration 1 - Fresh Fall Salad
- Cooking Demonstration 2 - Black Bean and Veggie Tostada Ole
- Cooking Demonstration 3 - Veg-Out Chilean Stew
- Cooking Demonsrtation 4 - Delicious Dunking Dip
- Cooking Demonstration 5 - Stir it Up Stir Fry
- Photo Credits & References